Play a Leading Role In Promoting Responsible Private Security on the Global Stage
as Regulators, Donors & Clients
- Demonstrate support for international human rights and humanitarian law, good governance and responsible private security through robust and rigorous implementation of the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights.
- Develop appropriate national frameworks for ensuring the development of a responsible private security sector.
- Require recipients of government funding and contracts to include ICoCA Membership requirements in their tenders for security contracts.
- Ensure adequate budgetary provision to enable contracting of responsible private security providers that pay fair salaries and benefits to their employees.
- Lead by example by contracting only ICoCA Member & Affiliate companies for their diplomatic and other private security needs where possible.
- Promote best-in-class business practice along the security supply chain so that peace and stability are maintained, conditions essential for attracting investment and ensuring long-term economic development.
Benefits of Membership
- Governments benefit from mutual learning between diverse stakeholder groups, keeping abreast of the latest developments, insights and innovations in responsible security.
- Governments help shape the debate, provided with a public platform on which to engage with diverse actors from all sectors and regions.
Download the document below to find out more about the facts and requirements of ICoCA
Demonstrate leadership in promoting responsible security on the global stage